Everyone knows that Coloradoans are nature lovers. Our amazing state offers some of the best recreation, amazing scenery and cleanest air in the country. But are you doing everything you can to keep Colorado green? Here are a few tips:
1. Turn it off. This sounds simple, but even electronics that are not being used are still drawing energy, like those seldom used DVRs, chargers and kitchen appliances. Unplug anything that you don’t use on a regular basis and be sure to turn off your computer, your TV AND your lights.
2. Heat and cool naturally. During the summer, take advantage of our cool Colorado nights to open your windows and let in the fresh air. You can even add a couple of fans to force the cool air inside. In the morning, close the windows and draw the blinds to keep the sun from beaming in and making the temperature rise. In the winter, do the opposite. Open your blinds in the morning to let that bright Colorado sun warm up your home and close everything up tight at night to trap the heat.
3. Use indoor plants to remove pollutants from the air in your home. Plant leaves can help remove carbon monoxide from the air and improve the overall air quality that you and your family breathe in each day. Plus, they look great!
4. Eat local. We all know that local food is the freshest and greatest tasting option and choosing local food helps our farming neighbors. However, what many of us don’t realize is that when our food has to “travel” to us, the amount of fuel and harmful pollutants used can also take a toll on our carbon footprint.
5. Use all natural cleaning supplies. Most are non-toxic and safer for your family. But they also emit fewer chemicals into the air, so they are better for the environment.
6. Stop wasting. Fix leaky faucets, use caulk to seal windows and cover cracks and switch to energy-efficient light bulbs when you can. All these little things add up to save incredible amounts of energy – and money – over time.
Author:Christopher Bridwell Phone: 951-334-3988 Dated: September 4th 2018 Views: 188 About Christopher: ...
Recognized as a top selling team in Denver Metro area. Nationally recognized for homes sold by the Wall Street Journal, Real Trends and Top 5 agent by RIS Media. Our goal is simple and that is to exceed our client's expectations by providing professional service, expert advice and exceptional results.
Squeeze in some unique Denver holiday cheer before the new year!, A pe
"Buying a house can be a challenging experience. Nevertheless, Matthew Koller at Keller Williams made this opportunity of buying house easy. He showed great effort & competency throughout this lengthy process. In conclusion I highly recommend Keller Williams for all real state needs.