As we all know, home is where the heart is—whether it’s a studio apartment or a sprawling mansion. Here are six ways to show your home some affection.
1. Bring home a pretty present.You can go for the classic red roses, or any simple or elaborate bouquet. Use the flowers to brighten a main room or split them up among tiny vases placed throughout your home. You could also consider a throw pillow or a stylish vase. If your budget can accommodate something a little bigger, consider replacing an appliance or splurging on a dramatic new piece of art.
2. Do a makeover.Take down every photo, book, painting, and decorative item, then rearrange them. You could end up feeling as if you have a brand-new home. Even better, mix it up with your furniture. Switch a few chairs around, or swap your living and dining areas. If you’re feeling more ambitious, reorganize your closets to get a fresh look at your clothes or other stuff and get rid of unneeded items.
3. Brighten it up.A tried-and-true way to spruce up your home is to switch out your paint colors. Paint a bathroom if you’d like to start small, or go for a whole room or even your kitchen cabinets if you’re feeling brave.
4. Protect what you love.Do an annual review of your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure you’ve got enough coverage to replace your home and belongings. Look into the value of a home warranty plan to pay for repairs on things like your appliances and heating and air-conditioning system.
5. Take good care of it.While you’re thinking of protection, schedule an inspection of your heating and air-conditioning system and look into an annual maintenance contract. Your system will last far longer if it’s inspected and tweaked for optimum performance twice a year.
6. Go for a deep cleanse.It’s not quite a day at the spa, but chances are your home could use a deep cleaning. Hire a professional service to go over the entire place or just focus on one aspect such as the carpet or windows.
Show your home some TLC, and you just might end up falling in love with it all over again.
Michael Kane is a Broker Associate at Keller Williams. He is a member of the ColoradoHomeClick Team that is recognized locally and nationally as in expert in real estate. Locally he is a member of theDenverMetro Association of Realtors. Nothing brings him more joy than making his client’s dreams become a reality! For more information feel free to contact him or call 303-717-9284.
Information courtesy of realtor.com. Image courtesy of google.com.
Author:Jason Peck Phone: 720-446-6301 Dated: February 12th 2015 Views: 1,362 About Jason: ...
Recognized as a top selling team in Denver Metro area. Nationally recognized for homes sold by the Wall Street Journal, Real Trends and Top 5 agent by RIS Media. Our goal is simple and that is to exceed our client's expectations by providing professional service, expert advice and exceptional results.
HOME FOR SALE 3745 S WALDEN WAY AURORA CO 80013 - JORDAN WHITE 720-588
"We worked with Karen Venier for a relatively short time for a good reason: our home sold at full price within hours of hitting the market! While it’s true that the Denver housing market is “hot,” credit for the speed and ease of our transaction belongs to Karen. She was great to work with, giving us perfect advice about readying our home for sale and then expertly guiding us from offer to close. Along the way, we came to appreciate Karen for her skillful blend of professionalism and personal touches – like dropping off our favorite beverages during a particularly stressful time in our move or shoveling our driveway in subzero temps after we’d left the state (way beyond the call of duty!). Now that we’ve relocated to Wisconsin, we keep saying that we wish Karen could be our buyer’s agent here. Since that’s not possible, we’ll shout her name loudly to whoever might be looking for a home in the Denver area.
Thanks for the great work, Karen!